
9:32 am
One thing I have done this week is read a lot of news. Things like Facebook turns 5 - but can it survive?, an interesting article about autism, and that darn cover story in People magazine about Jessica Simpson. I know this has nothing to do with books, but I for one am incredibly sick of people calling celebrities fat when they may have gained a few pounds. Fat? Jessica Simpson? How about NO. If I had to guess, she's a size smaller than me, or perhaps my size, and I'm a women's size 6. Since when is that fat?! She looks pretty good to me!

Image: People magazine
Anyway, back to books. I bought a few really low-priced books on Amazon a couple weeks ago, and all of them made it into my home this week. Here's what I got:


A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel Pink. (Image: Barnes + Noble) I've been reading a lot about the creative class, and since I work in business development, I'm really curious about this book. It discusses how creative types and those others who are predominently right-brained will be the future of America. Not sure I believe it, but curious nonetheless.
I am off to stock up on fruits + veggies at the farmer's market and back home to read. Happy reading Saloners!

1 comment:
Life on the Refrigerator Door is a quick read, but a poignant one. I hope you like it, too.
Post a Comment