Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Wrap-up

Because I haven't been reading as much as I wanted lately (although I'm still plugging through Jodi Picoult's Vanishing Acts) I thought I'd just give you a brief update on the busy life of Katie. In random fashion, too! Hope you are able to follow me, I'm feeling a bit all over the place.

I can't believe it's almost been a year at my current job. It's gone through phases of enjoyment and overwhelming and I'm settling into a routine...if that's possible for how fast-paced it is. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going! Which brings me to my current feeling. It's Bike Week. I'm neutral on the subject really, because I'm not a biker, but it's exciting too because it's great people watching!

My women's league soccer season starts again on Tuesday - I'm super-excited! I've been playing with most of these ladies for a year now and it's so much fun to get out there for a few hours each week and break a sweat while chatting and looking after everyone's kids. I love having that outlet after work.

We're heading to a birthday party tonight and the weather couldn't be more perfect! It's currently in the 70s, with the sun shining and a nice breeze..and it's supposed to be near 80 later today. People, this is why I moved to Florida!!

I saw my reading buddy Kay the other day (hi Kay!) and she lent me 4 more books - I know what you're thinking! I am already really far behind. I know, I know. I moved these to the top of the pile. And I know Kay and her family are getting ready to move, so I'm hoping I can plow through these books before she makes it through the 5 I lent her. :) These are the books in case you were wondering:
  • The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire LaZebnik
  • The Godmother by Carrie Adams
  • Mother Warriors by Jenny McCarthy
  • Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

Hoping I can fit in a workout today with all I need to catch-up on around the house. My friend Laura is in town from Texas so I'll be spending some time with her this weekend as well. What are you up to this weekend? I'd love to hear your plans!

No comments: