8:00 am
I finished reading Justice Deferred by Len Williams this week. A coworker loaned me this book so I felt compelled to finish it fast in part, but the truth is, it was a good read! Unfortunately I already gave the book back to her, and I'm still trying to collect my thoughts on it.
I am about 70 pages into Jodi Picoult's Vanishing Acts. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of her new book, Handle With Care, which hits the shelves on March 3. I love that she writes the book with alternating views from the characters - it's really good story telling this way, and we the readers are informed before the other characters.
In other reading news, I picked up Curtis Sittenfeld's The American Wife. I'd been eyeing it at Target for awhile and I had a Barnes & Noble coupon so...there we have it. I'm such a sucker for coupons! I think I'm so drawn to the book because it's about politics, and I seem to be becoming more interested in politics the older I get.
Today I'll be reading more of Vanishing Acts, as well as catching up on my business reading. I've been digging through my boyfriend's old copies of Harvard Business Review and trying to learn more about change in the workplace and leadership. And of course, tonight I'll be tuning into the Oscars and rooting for Slumdog Millionaire, which I just saw last night and it was absolutely amazing!
Happy reading to all :)


2 comments:
I haven't read Vanishing Acts by Picoult but have really enjoyed some of the other books that she has written. Enjoy the Oscars!
I have Curtis Sittenfeld's book but the one thing that's keeping me away from it, is that it looks so lengthy. I don't mind big books but I'm not in the mood right now :)
Post a Comment