A friend loaned me this book and I finished it in two days, it was sooo good; thanks Kay!
Despite the fact that the storyline is sad - two young girls literally grow up during the summer of 1959 while their mother is in the hospital and their stepfather mistreates them, all while a 'murderer and molester' is on the loose - I found myself laughing out loud at times. The story is told by Sally O'Malley, (I believe she was about 10 years old) and she is witty and hilarious, as is her younger sister Troo. Sally has a very overactive imagination and with all that's going on in her life, you can imagine what might happen when she decides she knows who the 'murderer and molester' is...and she sets out to solve the mystery. When she finally figures it out, we see her bravery in action and the story wraps up nicely. The story reminds me somewhat of the movie Now and Then which I used to watch when I was a teen, and how you just never know how people are connected.
I recommend this book to everyone! It was better than the back cover description - which was good in itself!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi. I also have a blog where I comment books and literature, among other things.
Why don't you come and see it?
Tell me what you think.
Post a Comment