Monday, June 22, 2009

And the TBR pile grows!

Surfing my "TBR" list and finding some titles on sale. Collecting books faster than I can read them. Receiving review books (yay!) when I still have a ton of books on my shelf. Such is life! (No complaints, I love the books!)

Here are some books that have made their way into my home recently.

Best Intentions by Emily Listfield - this was sent to me from an editor/publisher and I've yet to read it. I promise I'll get to it soon! It really does look good.

Michael J. Fox's Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist - I loved his first memoir, Lucky Man, and it was very well written. I'm always amazed when I pick up a book by a celebrity and it's extremely well written.

Obama: The Historic Journey - I'm so excited to read this and check out all the pictures! This will be my first "coffee table book."

The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools & Strategies for Business Success - I saw this in Barnes & Noble a couple weeks ago and knew I had to have it. I ordered it from Amazon to save some money, but I know I'll have this thing forever. It's 800 pages of social media goodness, from RSS to blogging to Facebook to LinkedIn. One of the reasons I wanted it was to research a couple ideas for my job - I am currently in charge of my company's social media (we have a blog, Facebook page and a dormant Twitter account) and I want to see which tools are actually worth my time. But I also wanted it for myself. Somedays I feel like I can't keep up with all this stuff on the web. I can't keep track of all my passwords, it took me forever to learn how to "retweet" on Twitter, and phew...it's a headache somedays!

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom - I've read it before (in high school) and I cried really hard. I remember the gist of it, but I really want to read it again. When I met my boyfriend, he made me read his book For One More Day, so I'm going to make him read this one too. It's one of those books I know I will keep forever.

The Likeness by Tana French - I loved her first novel, In The Woods, which won ...prize, so I'm dying to read this one! It's pretty much a follow-up too, so it'll be like picking up where I left off.

3 comments:

christina said...

I loved Tana French's first book as well!!

I just put The Likeness on my Ipod. I'm not usually good with audio books; maybe this time will be different?

Katie said...

I can't do audio books! I don't get into the story and visualize the scenery if I'm just listening to it.

Susan said...

I really enjoyed THE LIKENESS, even more than French's first book. I'm also looking forward to reading the memoirs by Michael J. Fox and President Obama, two very fascinating men.