I devoured this book in 2 days; I started in on my 4.5 hour flight to Las Vegas and finished it poolside the next day.
(image from Barnes & Noble)
Chrissy's life was literally uprooted and her surprise pregnancy brought a range of emotions to her, all of which come to play throughout her pregnancy and then her son's birth. After she overcame the shock and the unfortunate exit of her son's "father," she went into extreme mature mode. I was in complete awe of how quickly she got everything together - extra freelance gigs, new job, health insurance, cribs, a major (and to her, devastating) move from NYC to New Jersey and a new apartment for her and her baby. She also took a "babymoon" to Palm Springs - a completely solo trip! I was in shock as I read about her flying across the country and staying in a resort, dipping her toes in the pool and ordering room service ALL.BY.HERSELF. This woman is amazing!
Chrissy writes very well, including all the emotions she was feeling, and how she looked forward to her new life with her newborn. It was like she made the decision to go forward as a single parent and never looked back. I really applaud her decision, and I highly recommend this book for everyone, especially single mothers.

No comments:
Post a Comment