You will probably read this book in one sitting. You will probably cry. At least you get a warning, which is more than I had.
The story is written solely through letters left between 15-year-old Claire and her mother as they struggle with their lives. Claire is an average teenager dabbling in boys, taking tests and babysitting for extra money to help her single mother. Her mom, who I gathered was a labor and delivery nurse (doctor?), struggles to run the household while supporting Claire in her projects. And then she's dealt a blow - breast cancer. You know where it goes from here. I could tell exactly where the story was going and couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I read the last page 40 minutes after I'd started the book and tears fell. You've been warned.
What a lovely story about a mother and daughter. Makes me appreciate mine more. (Are you reading mom? I love you). A must-read, even though it's obviously sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment