So inside of my big challenge - 101 books in 1001 days - I decided to first strive for a mini goal: reading more memoirs/autobiography/biography, and so I joined the In Their Shoes Challenge.
The rules are that I get to pick how many books I want to complete and I must complete them between January 1 and December 31, 2008. Not too hard, right, and I am only chosing 10 books:
Lucky Man: A Memoir - Michael J. Fox
Love Always, Petra - Petra Nemcova
Bitter is the New Black - Jen Lancaster
Sister Salty, Sister Sweet: A Memoir of Sibling Rivalry - Shannon Kring Biro & Natalie Kring
Lessons in Becoming Myself - Ellen Burstyn
Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
Saving Graces - Elizabeth Edwards
What Remains - Carole Radziwill
Maiden Voyage - Tania Aebi
The Audacity of Hope - Barack Obama
I already have 9 of these, and one is my boyfriend's, so I don't even have to purchase any new books to read! I'm starting Lucky Man this weekend.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Katie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This challenge is going to be a lot fun. I've read Lucky Man (several years ago) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've always admired Michael J. Fox. I've got Eat, Pray, Love on my challenge list, as well. I forgot all about Saving Graces! I've wanted to read that ever since I learned about the loss of their child (I, too, have lost a child). I'll have to bookmark your blog and see what you have to say about it and The Audacity of Hope. Good luck with the challenge!
Hi there. I found your blog on blogcatalog. I'm participating in a similar challenge (50 books a year), and I'm always look for book to add to my list. I hope you don't mind as I intend to stalk your blog to pick out ones I might be interested in reading. ;) Good luck on your challenge!!
Post a Comment