Sunday, January 13, 2008

Favorite Reads

I'm currently reading Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin, and I will probably finish it in the next couple of days. Until then, I wanted to share some of my favorite books from the past.

Jodi Picoult - She is by far my favorite author, and my all-time fave of hers is My Sister's Keeper, followed closely by Harvesting the Heart, Nineteen Minutes, Salem Falls, Plain Truth, Perfect Match and Mercy. Vanishing Acts, The Pact, and Change of Heart (to be released early March 2008) are all on my TBR pile.

Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorites as well. While I loved this book when we were forced to read it in high school, it took a few years for me to really appreciate Lee's work.

I loved Cammie MacGovern's Eye Contact. It was a quick read, a book I surprisingly couldn't put down. I can't even say what exactly hooked me right off the bat, but it's truly a worthy read.

Anna Quindlen's One True Thing - by far one of the best books I've ever read. It's probably not a book I would have picked out to read, but a friend loaned it to me and I loved it. I recently gave a copy to my best friend back home in Michigan, and I'm dying to hear what she has to say about it.

I also love memoirs - some of the favorites that stick out in my mind are Mary Karr's The Liars Club, Jeanette Walls' The Glass Castle and Michael J. Fox's Lucky Man. Another one that I loved was Stephanie Klein's Straight Up and Dirty...and while I really recommend this book, I must warn you it is NOT a clean read. But that's partly what makes it so good!

I'm getting back to my book now...happy reading to all!

1 comment:

1morechapter said...

I also love To Kill a Mockingbird!