Friday, January 11, 2008

3 more books to add to my list...

Yes, I admit, I hoard books. I just can't seem to stay away from bookstores! Thankfully I still have a gift card for Barnes and Noble from Christmas, and I have some credit at a local used bookstore. In the past week, I've gotten these 3 books:
  • Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See
  • The Dive from Clausen's Pier - Ann Packer
  • The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shreve

I've heard so many great things about the first two books, but I've heard conflicting opinions about Shreve's book, which was an Oprah Book Club pick back in 1999. I read Shreve's A Wedding in December 2 years ago, and absolutely hated it. What compelled me to pick up The Pilot's Wife, I have no idea. I hope it's worth it!

2 comments:

1morechapter said...

Snow Flower is sooooo good. Hope you like it!

Celeb Blogger said...

Great Book. I am picking up the 2 others soon!

http://oprahs-book-club.blogspot.com/