1. Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback? Trade paperback. Most hardbacks are too large for me to comfortable handle, and mass market paperbacks I don't love but will buy sometimes because they're so cheap.
2. Barnes & Noble or Borders? Have never had a Borders in my town...BN all the way!
3. Bookmark or dog-ear? Bookmark. Unless I lose it.
4. Amazon or brick and mortar? Both!
5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? Not sorted at all.
6. Keep, throw away, or sell? Keep most...some I take to a used bookstore in exchange for store credit. I definitely rotate them through friends/family first though.
7. Keep dust jacket or toss it? Keep it.
8. Read with dust jacket or remove it? Read with it - sometimes comes in handy if I've lost my bookmark.
9. Short story or novel? Novels definitely.
10. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Neither.
11. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Chapter breaks almost always. I hate leaving off in the middle of a chapter.
12. "It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time"? Ooh...depends on my mood. But I'll take the dark and stormy night because they usually make for better stories.
13. Buy or borrow? Mostly buy, but sometimes borrow.
14. New or used? Either. I prefer to buy used, cheaper books on Amazon, but every now and again I'll go on a book buying spree at BN.
15. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse? Browsing definitely. But I keep a list of "want to reads" based on recommendations from book bloggers.
16. Tidy ending or cliffhanger? I prefer tidy endings, although every book can't end that way. I am always just disappointed if I finish a book and feel like things are unresolved.
17. Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading? Nighttime reading happens most often, although I've been known to lay in bed reading for a couple hours on weekend mornings.
18. Stand-alone or series? Stand-alone for sure. I don't read many series.
19. Favorite series? Hmm...I can't think of one right now! Like I said, I don't read too many series.
20. Favorite children's book? Lots! Good Night Moon, Where the Wild Things Are, Ramona Quimby, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...I could keep going!
21. Favorite YA book? I loved the first Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but never finished the series...
22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Wow, not sure here.
23. Favorite books read last year? The Da Vinci Code, In the Woods, The Audacity of Hope, The Last Lecture, Change of Heart, Lucky Man: A Memoir - click here for recaps.
24. Favorite books of all time? The Audacity of Hope, One True Thing, My Sister's Keeper, The Last Lecture, To Kill a Mockingbird
25. What are you reading right now? The Rise of the Creative Class by Richard Florida
26. What are you reading next? The Alchemist
27. Favorite book to recommend to an eleven-year-old? Well...I happen to know a 10-year-old who loves the Junie B. Jones series, so I'll go with that.
28. Favorite book to reread? I don't reread books very often. Actually can't remember the last time I did.
29. Do you ever smell books? Yes, but I much prefer the smell of magazines :)
30. Do you ever read Primary source documents? Occasionally.
Found this meme on Marie's blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment