Jillian Westfield pretty much has it all. The house in the burbs, the successful husband, the gorgeous baby daughter. But she can't quite put the past to rest. She constantly thinks of the "what ifs" from 7 years ago, when she broke up with her boyfriend Jackson and met her now-husband Henry. She wonders what it would be like if things had unfolded differently with Jackson...
And then Jill is sent back in time one morning, 7 years in the past. No husband, no daughter, but instead, the career she built in advertising and the apartment in the city with her ex, Jackson. She is aware that she was sent back in time, so with the knowledge of the way her life did turn out, she makes decisions she thinks would improve her life from the past: better work, a smoother relationship with Jack, etc. She finds out that life isn't what it would have been, of course...but that she loves and misses the life of the present.
The book was good, but a little too cliche what with the "what would I have done differently if I could relive the past?", and I found it a little ironic that she is sent back into the past to face the music of her relationship with her ex...Jack. As in Jack and Jill. Am I the only one who caught onto this?
All in all...it took me too long to read this, which is always my sign that it's not a favorite. I will say though, that it did remind me to cherish what I have...and to not worry about "what ifs." Life just is what it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment