Saturday, October 10, 2009

FTC Guidelines

Starting December 1st, bloggers will have to conspicuously disclose that they are receiving ARC copies of books from publishers and authors. Since I have only ever accepted 2 ARCs, I don't have much to worry about, but in the past I have disclosed that I received a book to review. And I've never felt that just because it was sent to me to review (and hopefully be read by other bloggers) means I have to give it an A+. I hardly ever do that anyway. It takes a lot to wow me, and I think to give a book an A+ if it clearly isn't does us all a disservice.

That said, any authors or publishers still wishing to send me ARCs to review may still do so. I promise to conspicuously disclose the info to my readers.

PS - anything else I could have said about this Wendy said first. She's much more eloquent than me, so go check her out.

No comments: