Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Movies + Books

Not too long ago I finished The Da Vinci Code, so it was about time to watch the movie too! I always kick myself when I see movies before reading the book, because it takes me far too long to read the book afterwards, since I know what's going to happen and all. But I'm always so disappointed that the movies are never as good as the books. Still, I had high hopes for this one.


What I did like about the movie was that I was actually able to see the details that were described in the book. Sometimes it's just too hard to get the visual that the author is painting, and this is where I'm glad I watched the movie. Some of the details really came to life and I found myself nodding my head because it all made more sense.


The obvious downside to turning a book into a movie is the lack of detail in other places, which certainly occured in this one. The search for clues to the keystone at the library was totally eliminated in the movie, as were many other details I remember from the book. All in all though, I was sucked into the movie but of course, the book was better.


Have you read + seen The Da Vinci Code? I'm curious what others thought about this one.

No comments: