Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Updates

Last week I was contacted by an editor at Random House to receive an advanced reader copy of Katherine Center's latest book - Everyone is Beautiful - which will be released on February 17, 2009, and I received the book in the mail today! How exciting! This is the first time I've gotten an ARC :) But if you'll remember, when I reviewed her novel The Bright Side of Disaster, she found my blog and commented on it. I am really looking forward to reading her new book.

Also, I picked up Patricia Woods' book Lottery. It has been on my TBR list for quite some time, and I had a coupon to use, so I decided to purchase it. (I have been trying not to buy anything for myself in the past few months as I have been trying to be better about my budget.) Anyway, has anyone read this? Thoughts?

I also just started reading Half Broken Things by Morag Joss, which was the winner of the CWA Silver Dagger Award. I'm looking forward to another book full of suspense!

We are traveling to Key Largo for Christmas again this year, so I hope to have plenty of reading time! Happy Holidays :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, Oh, I am also getting Katherine Center's new novel (ARC) and cannot wait for it to arrive since I loved her first books so much! I'll look forward to reading your review :)

ORION said...

How VERY cool!!!
I hope you enjoy LOTTERY!
Much aloha
Patricia Wood