Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holidays on Ice - David Sedaris

I had been wanting to read this book for awhile, so while browsing Barnes and Noble in Boston in search of an airplane read, I immediately picked up this one.

It is definitely a worthwhile holiday read as it includes some gut-busting tales of Christmas and family shenanigans. These short essays by Sedaris are sure to leave you rolling on the floor laughing. Or at least laughing out loud. The sotires range from an elf in Santaland at the mall (dreadful, right?) to holiday plays, to a long and hilarious sermon in church (ironically, about divorce) to "Christmas Means Giving," an entire chapter devoted to 2 unruly neighboring families who are constantly trying to one-up each other in gift giving.

Seeing that I have nowhere near the wit as David Sedaris possesses, I'll end this post with you must read this. It's quick and easy!

No comments: