Saturday, July 26, 2008

No, I did not disappear...

...I've just been really busy! I haven't had much time for reading, although I've been researching a lot. For work, and for pleasure. Have a couple projects I'm looking into but I won't go into details right now.

Meanwhile, please check out some good posts in the book blogging world:

  • Kristi at Passion for the Page posted a review of Alan Brennert's Moloka'i, and then gave us a preview of his next book, out in 2009. I've been dying to read Moloka'i for awhile, just can't seem to get my hands on it.
  • I was curious about 37 by Maria Beaumont, and even a little more so now after the Literate Housewife's review.
  • The Bullfighter Checks Her Makeup? Read this. It caught my eye because I have been to a bullfight, which was a surreal experience in my opinion. And I was 15. And it was my first trip abroad and I couldn't believe that it was actually Spanish culture to watch these.
  • I found a new book to add to my (seriously never ending) TBR pile: Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Thanks to Amy at The Sleepy Reader for her review!

By the way, I have a feeling I'm not the only one who has been a little lax on the reading this summer. Anyone with me?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Katie-
Thanks for visiting! I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I hope that you enjoy Life as We Knew It. I am now waiting to pick up The Dead and the Gone from the library. I am looking forward to it.