Sunday, November 30, 2008

Queen of Babble - Meg Cabot

I found myself laughing out loud several times while reading this. I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked it up, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Lizzie Nichols is the title character in this chick lit, and her big mouth often gets her in trouble. When she "graduates" from college and travels to London chasing a boyfriend she barely knows, she inadvertently sets herself up for the summer of her life. Things don't work out with that loser of a boyfriend, and she heads to France, where she stumbles upon a dashing man on the train ride there and spills her guts. Really spills her guts. It's so hilarious you just know she's going to see him again!

And she does, of course, because it's his father's house where her best friend is staying in France for the summer. And it's there where the truth comes out about her college education and plans for the future, her relationship with her now ex-boyfriend, and her crush on the guy she met on the train.

Of course there this book has a sequel. Two actually; Queen of Babble in the Big City, and Queen of Babble Gets Hitched. And of course I want to read them now.

No comments: