Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oprah's book club

I'm almost halfway through Crow Lake by Mary Lawson; and so far I'm liking it. It was a book club pick on the Today Show, but I've heard very conflicting reviews of the book.

If you noticed on my list of 101 books, I do have a few older and more recent picks from Oprah's book club on my list. I'm a faithful viewer of her show, and when she announced her new pick on the January 30th episode - A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle - I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it. Then I thought well, I really wanted to challenge myself this year, so I picked up the book today, and I already joined the online class that she and the book's author, Eckhart Tolle, will be teaching on Mondays beginning March 3. I must say, her choices are getting more and more eclectic, but that's okay. I really think people should step outside of their normal genre every now and then and really challenge themselves. Will anyone else be reading this pick and joining the online class?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I got the book and his previous one yesterday. It's more of a curiousity thing. I'm not sure if I'll participate in the class, but I plan to read both books.

bookbabie said...

I have the book on CD, I haven't decided it I'll buy it too. I will definitely watch the class. He rarely does appearances and I think it's cool that they will be live, not taped. Do you want to sit with me;)