I finished this book last night and can still remember it today, even after I started reading another book. The story is a sad one - four children struggle to grow up after their parents are killed in a car accident - but it sure made for a good story! The narrator, Kate, looked up to her brother Matt most of their lives until a shocking event turned Kate's world upside down. The story moves between present and past and it takes over half the book to reveal that event that sent Kate's world into a tailspin.
The story takes place in Ontario, Canada, and I think this is one of the very few - or maybe the only - book I've ever read from this region. I'm sure much is different between the United States and Canada, but looking at the education system and small-town farming communities presented in Crow Lake, it doesn't seem all that much different.
This book was a Today Show book club and author Mary Lawson's debut novel.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment