Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back to books!

After a brief hiatus, I'm back to reading for fun - yay!! I'm getting into the 8-5 workday groove so it's time to bust out the books again :)

I just finished The Picker Who Perished, a To Good To Be Threw consignment shop mystery, and for some reason it took me a couple weeks to finish. It wasn't even a hard read, I just kept going from thinking I knew what was going to happen to being totally confused that I had to stop reading. I think being sick the entire time I read it forced me to lose concentration easily, not something that usually happens to me.

This weekend I borrowed a great stack of books from my reading pal Kay:
  • Jodi Picoult's newest, Change of Heart, which I've heard MANY good things about
  • Caroline Leavitt's Girls In Trouble
  • Dr. Judy Goldstein and Sebastian Stuart's 24-Karat Kids, which looks like a fun, easy read
  • and a Memoir about autism, Running with Walker by Robert Hughes

Today I started Girls In Trouble, and I'm going to try my hardest to finish it by the end of the week..wish me luck!

No comments: